
We've had a second great week at home with Sydney. I'm finally starting to feel somewhat organized and Sydney is still as good and content as the day we brought her home. The weather has been beautiful and cool enough in the evenings that we've been able to get both Sydney and Vandy out for walks and slowly get back into some of our old routines. Sydney had a pediatrician appt on Thursday and is up to 6 lbs 3 ounces. Still just a little thing, but her appetite has increased the last couple of days so we think she's going through a growth spurt. We're hoping so since she's still about a pound away from fitting into her newborn clothes.
My mom has been here since Sydney was born and has been a huge help. She leaves tomorrow and Jeff's mom comes on Sunday for the week. Additionally, the neighborhood got together and organized meals for us twice a week for the next four weeks. I'm getting so spoiled I don't know what I'll do when the grandmothers go home and the food stops coming!
It was been a big week for Vandy. He started obedience training this week and is doing surprisingly well. Our trainer is fantastic and it's amazing how Vandy has responded to just one lesson. Of course, we've been quite diligent about practicing since Vandy has been pushing the limits with both Jeff and I lately. Part of it is just being a puppy, but he is quite jealous of Sydney and all the attention she gets too. We also toured doggie day care facilities and found one that we really like. It's small and by referral only (our trainer got us in) and Vandy will be going two days per week beginning next week. It will be great for him and provide some much needed respite and down time for me.
We did a mini photo shoot today and got a few really good pictures. Click here to view them along with some other random shots from the week. More to come on Sunday when Sydney turns two weeks!


2 comments:
Gheez, I just figured out how to leave comments! I love getting to see Sydney and all of you and Vandy every week! Thank you for doing such a good job. The pictures are great!! Syndey looks so heathly, content and beautiful! Love ya, A. Jerri
Post a Comment