Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 17, 2009

Vandy Comes Home



We picked up Vandy this morning in Raleigh. There were two puppies we had to choose from, but both Jeff and I were drawn to Vandy right away so we knew he was the one we were choosing. The ride home was a little rough. It was pouring rain and the road was bumpy. Vandy rode on my lap, but couldn't get comfortable and every time he started to doze off, we would hit a bump and he'd wake up. He's not used to the car yet so about half way through the trip his breakfast came up on my lap. Luckily, we had a towel down.

Vandy is adjusting to his new home. He loves the outdoors and goes crazy when you take him out, running around the yard, rolling in the grass and chewing on Magnolia leaves. He's still a little unsure of the inside and tends to stay close to one of us. I was trying to make dinner while Jeff was at the grocery store and he wanted to lay on top of my feet the entire time. Every time I would move he would get up and lay back down. I felt so bad about continuously changing locations that I finally just picked him up and carried him around. He loves to be held and at 10 lbs he can get quite heavy. I guess it's good exercise for when the baby arrives!

Here are a few pictures from today. We took some video too, which we'll try to post tomorrow so we can edit it first.

Click here to see the slideshow.

2 comments:

Siti said...

He is so precious. Can't wait to see him.

Siti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.