Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

May 8, 2009

Brooke's Debutante Ball



A couple weeks ago Jeff and I flew out to LA for my cousin Brooke's Debutante Ball. It's quite an affair and has been held at the Beverly Hills Hilton the last few years, in the same room as the Golden Globe Awards. This year, there was an event at the hotel the evening before called 'An Evening With Woman'. Several stars attended such Cybil Shepherd, Sharon Stone, Tyra Banks and Paris Hilton and Christina Aguilera performed. The red carpet was in the lobby of the hotel and we walked up from dinner at one point and there was Paris Hilton. I'm usually not that interested in seeing stars, but, I have to admit, seeing her was pretty cool. And I have to say she is much, much prettier and smaller (believe it or not) in person. There's a picture included in the slideshow at the bottom.

The Debutante Ball was really nice. Brooke looked beautiful, did a great job, gave a great speech and it was nice to spend a few days with family. We're not sure the next time we'll be back, but we're thinking Baby Saxton will need to experience the West coast and meet the family before too long so we'll have to brave the plane ride and hope that we have a good sleeper!

Click here for photos from the weekend.

No comments: