
We had a fun and relaxing first Christmas with Sydney. We spent the long Christmas weekend with my mom and brother in Knoxville and then Jeff's parents came to visit over New Year's. No surprise, Sydney loved the wrapping paper and bows and got great clothes, toys, books and more from our family and friends. Sydney was a trooper, sitting through over an hour of present opening and Jeff and I had lots of fun playing with all her new toys. The week and a half of vacation flew by way too fast and it's hard to believe we're already a week into the New Year!
We decided to use the holiday break to introduce Sydney to the world of solids. Just rice cereal for now, which she's seems pretty indifferent about, but we'll be moving on to fruits and veges soon, just as soon as I figure out how to work my new baby food maker. That's right, I'll be making homemade baby food. Now I just have to talk Jeff into being my taste tester.
Click here to see pictures from Christmas and Sydney's first taste of food.
The last month has just flown by and Sydney has changed and starting doing so much more over the past few weeks. She is now sitting unassisted and rarely tumbles over, she babbles constantly, has great hand-eye coordination and can pick up any object and pass it from hand to hand. She's also figured out how to stuff her foot in her mouth, which not only seems a little gross to me, but also completely amazes me. She's trying to figure out how to scoot on her tummy to reach her toys and sit-up from a laying down position. Still no teeth to report, but if she's anything like her momma, she'll likely be a late bloomer!
Click here to see photos from her five month album.



1 comment:
Such a precious little girl. I really miss her!
Post a Comment