Sydney turned two months old last Saturday while we were vacationing at the beach (beach pictures to be posted soon). At her two-month appointment yesterday she weighed 10 lbs 1 ounce (25-50th percentile) and was 22 1/2 inches long (50-75th percentile). You can imagine how thrilled we were with her height since some of us (me) are a little vertically challenged. Of course, it's only meaningful until she hits puberty, but maybe she won't be the shortest girl in her class!
She also received her first round of immunizations, which consisted of two shots. She did great, only crying hysterically for a few seconds and so far it has only created mild fussiness.
The changes that have taken place the last month are amazing. Sydney smiles all the time and is even trying to laugh, but it only comes out as screeches and squeals right now. She can fully hold her head up and turn it from side to side in recognition of noises or objects. She's starting to reach for objects in her sight, but can't quite figure out the grasp yet. She can also hold a conversation and will coo/"talk" in response to talking to her. We love all the new stages, but at the same time are so sad to see her growing up so fast!
I go back to work on Sept 22nd, so I'll be spending the next week and a half trying to get organized and enjoying the few full days I have left with Sydney. As everyone warned, the time flew by, but I've had so much fun being able to watch her every move these last 10 weeks. I'm still not sure how I'm going to leave her, but I'm trying not to focus on it quite yet.
You can click here to see Sydney's two-month photos in her Watch Me Grow album.


4 comments:
Jen, she is a cutie! I just went back to work too. Big adjustment. Are you guys getting a nanny?
It's amazing how much she has grown and filled out. What a precious cutie! Can't wait to see her this Thursday.
She is so cute and I lvoe your announcement. What a sweethear!
Love and XO's to you all.
A. Jerri
Post a Comment