Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

September 24, 2009

Bethany Beach



The whole family (yes, Vandy too) finally took a summer vacation to the Delaware shore a few weeks ago. We drove the 8 1/2 hours to Baltimore for a weekend of Orioles games and then continued to Bethany Beach, DE for a week at the beach over Labor Day. We rented a minivan to accommodate all of our stuff, which, as you will see by the pictures, Jeff was a quite the fan of. And I have to admit, it was a breeze to get baby and dog in and out of and the satellite radio and DVD player made the trip so much more enjoyable. Jeff's been trying to talk me into getting one for the new car that we desperately need, which I have agreed to so long as he drives it. Needless to say, don't think we'll be looking at minivans in the coming months (not that there is anything wrong with them of course)!

Despite the not so great weather for the majority of the week, we did manage to get a couple days of beach time in and still had a great time relaxing, eating and walking the boardwalks. Jennifer's mom flew in as well and got to spend lots of quality time with Sydney. Sydney did great on the 8 1/2 drive up and 10 1/2 hour drive home. She loved the back porch and beach air and, of course, Grotto's pizza, her mom and dad's favorite. Vandy definitely kept Jeff more than busy, but did amazingly well for five months old. He ran out his energy on the beach each morning and night and hung out on the porch during the day listening to the waves and people watching. He also managed to get in a little trouble along the way, like ingesting one of my socks (I know, we were in disbelief as well until we saw it come up), which I had to then make him throw back up. Vandy wasn't fazed in the least.

We'll have updated two month pictures up soon. You can click here to see select photos from the beach. I know there's a lot, but I had over 300 to choose from!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Hard to believe it was 3 weeks ago already!